I decided to write about this the day my first post happened, i couldn't just find the time to type it down. I will do this now before i forget what i was thinking about, since I happen to show symptoms of Alzheimer's these days(fortunately for some things i wish to forget).
Recently the BBC documentary made on Jyoti Singh (famously named 'Nirbhaya') was aired on YouTube. I literally forced my family and a few friends into watching it. For those who still haven't, I have downloaded it(Smart,i know :P ). They banned parts of it the same day as reason not to deface the country, i don't exactly get it, People from the country know the bitter truth, Its still being aired all over the world except India. I thought it would be the world they are hiding from! If they haven't understood it yet, i'l quote it for them, "Indian mentality..you are still being abused by all the goras. And the Africans too maybe (sorry for being racist)
What keeps ringing even after the whole justice show is over is a word someone mentioned in the video..Patriarchy. It basically means India to me. And a lot more women,i think. What an Indian girl does and will do since her birth(if shes not killed in the womb) to the time she enters her grave is decided and manipulated by a male. Its a tale everyone keeps talking about when the topic is hot and eventually everyone forgets. They say illiteracy marks the greatest cause for all such wrong doings, then i hope my generation and the ones coming change the face of India, being largely the literate and independent population. But we cant expect a clean slate though.
Recently the BBC documentary made on Jyoti Singh (famously named 'Nirbhaya') was aired on YouTube. I literally forced my family and a few friends into watching it. For those who still haven't, I have downloaded it(Smart,i know :P ). They banned parts of it the same day as reason not to deface the country, i don't exactly get it, People from the country know the bitter truth, Its still being aired all over the world except India. I thought it would be the world they are hiding from! If they haven't understood it yet, i'l quote it for them, "Indian mentality..you are still being abused by all the goras. And the Africans too maybe (sorry for being racist)
What keeps ringing even after the whole justice show is over is a word someone mentioned in the video..Patriarchy. It basically means India to me. And a lot more women,i think. What an Indian girl does and will do since her birth(if shes not killed in the womb) to the time she enters her grave is decided and manipulated by a male. Its a tale everyone keeps talking about when the topic is hot and eventually everyone forgets. They say illiteracy marks the greatest cause for all such wrong doings, then i hope my generation and the ones coming change the face of India, being largely the literate and independent population. But we cant expect a clean slate though.
No comments:
Post a Comment