Thursday, 18 June 2015

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"he asks an inevitable question.
I am in the cubicle of a company on a Sunday for my 5th interview. The air in the office feels heavy.I am uncomfortable,like everytime,but its not because i am in the middle of an interview.Its the 'corporate' aura that i hate.It depresses me.
I wonder what the man sitting in front me expects me to say,he's probably asked this to hundreds of people.
"Five years from now I see myself in the same cubicle i am today,gulping innumerable cups of coffee,while i am scrolling through happy images of Sherry Shroff and Vahishta Mistry on Instagram living their life,thinking how i had dreamed of saving money by working in an I.T firm so i could live life like a dream,but i couldn't because in 5 years all i got was a 10k increment in my salary which apparently i will have to spend on the hair loss,vision problems,obesity and spinal problems i get from working a 13hr job",my tone is vehement.
His face breaks into an austere grin.
"Welcome to I.T",he says.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like IT has gulped you in! I don't see any posts since last year.
    A spinal problem might make it difficult for you to chase your dreams,but if you could manage the work life balance then maybe one day we'd be scrolling down the pages getting jealous of your luxurious life.

    ReplyDelete